Nominations are now being accepted for the following leadership positions:
NAR Director from Local Association (GBRAR)
Based on our size, GBRAR is allocated a single seat on the NAR Board of Directors for 2020. An individual interested in serving as GBRAR’s NAR Director should make an application below. This position is filled through an election by the GBRAR Board of Directors and serves a one year term.
LA REALTORS® Director (At-Large)
The election of six (6) Directors At Large to serve a two (2) year term on the Board of Directors of Louisiana REALTORS® will be held at the September Board of Directors meeting in New Orleans. According to the Louisiana REALTORS® Constitution & Bylaws, Article 4, Section 9, any member who is a REALTOR® in good standing for five consecutive years is eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. REALTOR® members who meet the established criteria are eligible to place their names in nomination for the at large state director positions to serve two-year staggered terms. If you are interested in serving as a Louisiana REALTORS® Director At Large, please submit the form below by C.O.B. on August 1.
LA REALTORS® Director (Local Assn: GBRAR)
Based on our size, GBRAR is allocated 7 local board representative seats on the Louisiana REALTORS® Board of Directors for 2020. These seats are filled through an election by the members of the GBRAR Board of Directors for a 1-year term. Applicants must be a REALTOR® in good standing for five consecutive years to be eligible to serve on the LR Board of Directors.
In order to be eligible to appear on the ballot for election to the Board of Directors, members must have:
- actively served on a GBRAR committee for one (1) full year prior to the year in which they are nominated, and have met the attendance requirements for that committee
- attended at least one (1) GBRAR Business, State or National REALTOR® Association meeting prior to nomination.
- regularly participated in Association functions (ex. Educational course, REALTOR® Day, REALTOR® Expo, Trends, PAC Fundraisers, or other events).
- been a GBRAR member in good standing for the past three (3) consecutive years.
- completed and returned a nomination form with at least one (1) letter of recommendation by the designated deadline.
Upon receipt of the Nomination, the nominee will be sent a Nomination Profile form to complete; will be asked to supply a recent photo; and a one-paragraph description of themselves, their background and why they want to serve on the Board of Directors (limited to 100 words or less.)