If you’ve ever thought about running for office we can help!
On March 24th GBRAR will be hosting a daylong Candidate Training Academy for current or prospective candidates for state or local office.
March 24th 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
7000 Bluebonnet Blvd, Baton Rouge LA 70810
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR ACCEPTANCE NOW
A full Breakfast, Lunch, and afternoon Power-Snack will be included for attendees.
The Session will be facilitated by John Winston, Campaign Services Manager, and his team from the National Association of REALTORS and will include participation with current and former state and local officeholders.
Upon completion of the session, participants will be able to:
- Assess whether they possess the basic traits necessary to run for office.
- State (in 30 seconds) why they are running for office.
- Describe the elements necessary for developing a campaign plan and begin the planning process.
- Discuss their research needs based on their target audience and their budget estimates.
- Based on their individual campaign’s strengths, plan for the fundraising methods that can prove most effective and lucrative.
- Determine the best methods for contacting their constituents, based on voter demographics and budget.
- Analyze the electronic campaign options available and determine which, if any, will prove most effective for their outreach.
- Assess the multiple avenues to approach a get-out-the-vote plan and determine which elements would be useful to their campaign planning.
Participants will receive “Your Competitive Edge” a guide that will cover:
- Chapter 1: Why Run for Office?
- Chapter 2: Campaign Planning and Budgeting
- Chapter 3: Research and Targeting
- Chapter 4: Fundraising
- Chapter 5: Voter Contact
- Chapter 6: Winning Online
- Chapter 7: Get Out the Vote (GOTV)
Participation in the training does not mean that a candidate or prospective candidate will receive the REALTOR® Association’s Endorsement or funding from LARPAC.
The Candidate Training Academy can help associations meet their “Vote” requirement for Core Standards.
Other Local Associations that are interested in participating, should reach out to Ken Damann or Jill Sylvest.