The Greater Baton Rouge Association of REALTORS® has proudly donated over $50,000.00 to Baton Rouge Area Foundation.
B.R.A.F. is amongst one of the largest community foundations in the country. Its mission is to enhance the quality of life in Southern Louisiana. More specifically, B.R.A.F. serves more than 600 fund donors, undertakes projects for civic goods, and supports local nonprofits with strategic consulting to endure overall impact and sustainability.
G.B.R.A.R. works with B.R.A.F. in determining organizations in which to donate community service contributions. In keeping with the GBRAR mission and area of interest in housing, economic development, and/or education in our community, the following organizations received funds from GBRAR through BRAF:
- Habitat for Humanity for Greater Baton Rouge: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge is a Christian-based ministry that builds and renovates houses in partnership with the community. They provide opportunities for families in need to purchase their own homes and improve their lives.
- Life of a Single Mom: The Life of a Single Mom exists to improve the lives of single mothers by providing support groups and education in 3 core areas: Parenting, Finances, and Health & Wellness.
- Rebuilding Together Baton Rouge: Rebuilding Together Baton Rouge is a nonprofit community-based program dedicated to helping low-income homeowners that are elderly or disabled, live in comfort, safety, and independence through volunteer repair of owner-occupied homes.
- Mid-City Redevelopment Alliance: Mid-City Redevelopment Alliance develops and promotes the growth and renewal of Mid-City Baton Rouge by attracting new and retaining current residents and businesses.
- Salvation Army to support: The Salvation Army provides the needed resources and support to help struggling families of our community take the necessary steps to rebuild their lives. The Pathway of Hope program benefits low-income clients by assisting parents and families obtain permanent housing, find employment, and create strategies to move from poverty to productivity.
- Volunteers of America: Volunteers of America is a movement organized to reach and uplift all people and bring them to the knowledge and active service of God. Volunteers of America serves people and communities in need and creates opportunities for people to experience the joy of serving others.
Accepting the donation on behalf of the Baton Rouge Area Foundation is Tammy V. Abshire, Senior Program Officer for Donor Services. Also seen in the photo is Carolyn Webber, President of G.B.R.A.R., along with Helen Butts Field, Community Relations Committee Chairperson at G.B.R.A.R.