Louisiana REALTORS® is connecting you to your state legislators through our annual Legislative Outreach Luncheons. With nine different luncheons scheduled across the state, REALTORS® will have the opportunity to receive updates on post-legislative impacts on the real estate profession, discuss industry issues and network with other REALTORS® in your area.
The Baton Rouge Luncheon will take place on November 7th from 11:30 am – 2 pm at the Renaissance Hotel. Tickets for this event cost $20.
What sort of subjects can attendees look forward to hearing about at these luncheons?
- Housing Inventory and Affordability
- Fair Housing
- Homeowners’ Associations
- Property Insurance
- Wholesaling Practices
- Property Taxes
- Legislative Topics Important in Your Area
What has Louisiana REALTORS® achieved because of its relationships with legislators?
- PASSED law requiring property insurers to have greater reserves
- PASSED law affirming restrictive covenants based on race or religion are unenforceable
- PASSED laws to create new paths to become an appraiser
- DEFEATED attempt to create new causes of action under Louisiana’s fair housing laws for those with criminal backgrounds
- DEFEATED attempt to allow lawyers to obtain a broker’s license without meeting education and practice requirements
- DEFEATED legislation to require homeowners’ association information to be included on all advertisements of homes for sale